How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i want to file the petetion for guardianship and i need to

Resolved Question:

i want to file the petetion for guardianship and i need to know for houston texas,
can the service go through my husbands attorney because i dont have his address
for sherriff service
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.


You can serve your husband through his attorney ONLY IF his attorney will agree to accept on his behalf. Thus, you would have to call his attorney and ask if he would accept process for your husband. If he says "no", you will have to have him personally served.


A process server generally can do this more effectively than a law enforcement officer. Also, the best place to serve most people is at their place of work (assuming they're not traveling salesmen, truck drivers, etc.).

Roger and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions