How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was served papers and i need to know what it means

Customer Question

i was served papers and i need to know what it means
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.


What do the papers say, or what is it titled?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the information.

This means that (1) your spouse is seeking a divorce, (2) sole custody of the child, (3) to change her name, and to (4) have a paternity test performed to prove you're not the child's father.
Roger and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

im not the biological father...does this mean i will owe child support

Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
If you're not the father, you don't owe child support.

Related Family Law Questions