How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31769
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a divorce case. During my marriage my wife recieved

Resolved Question:

This is a divorce case. During my marriage my wife recieved a child support lump sum payment for a child that she had before we met. Is that money community property? If so what is the law that makes it so?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.


No, this money is not community property because the money belongs to the child - not the mother - so it cannot be counted as property or money of the mother.

Roger and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you