How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an 8 month old son and the mother practically refuses

This answer was rated:

I have an 8 month old son and the mother practically refuses to let me see him. I filed a child support case when he was 2 weeks old to get dna and my paternity. we have the cs hearing Jan 19. How do i get some rights to see my son?

Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.


Once the genetic testing is performed and you are determined to be the father then you can petition the court for custody and/or visitation rights with the child. The judge will issue a court order forcing the mother to at least let you see the child. If the mother continues to violate a court order of visitation/custody then you could go back to court and file either an enforcement/contempt petition or seek a modification of the order seeking sole custody.

Daniel Solutions and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we got the dna back last month but im not on the birth cert yet. can i file for part custody yet?
Once the DNA test proves that you are the father, the court should issue a court order of paternity declaring that you are the father. You can file for custody and visitation now by going to court to request and file a petition. You can use the court order to have your name listed on the birth certificate by contact the vital records department for west virginia.

Related Family Law Questions