Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Hello, Filed for divorce and served my spouse with complaint,

Customer Question
sumons. Spouse would be contesting...
Hello, Filed for divorce and served my spouse with complaint, sumons. Spouse would be contesting it may come with some counterclaim in worst case. As in past TRO was taken out in District court, spouse was given TRO against me on Expate, 1 No contact, 2. Vaccate Marital Apt, 3. Sole Cusody of kid, At the hearing after 10 days, TRO was modified , I was allowed to have contact with spouse, I was allowed to move back into marital Apt, Sole custody is removed. Just asked no abuse for 90 days, After the first hearing i was still staying out side as not to get into trouble by spouse and giv a time off, But with spouse irrational behaviour i have decided to file divorce which I did. In Second here My spouse Showed up and asked for another 90 days extenstion which was not granted TRO was let to expire. I know this is cleared and relived about it. I have not visited my kid or her for few months just in contract thru text and taking care of bills with what ever i can do. Now divorce is pending and I am sure there will be a lot of Discovery in terms of getting facts. I just wanted to know, If i can get a recorded testimony of TRO hearings, I am not sure if there is a court reporter. But I do noticed that there is micro phone, I need the recorded testimony to make sure that i am tricked in first place because duration of hearing and discovery process is quite a bit and with all the stress i just want to make sure i dont get into trouble by Tricks. How can I get the recorded testimony from the district court about the hearings that happened. Atleast the first one becaus it was a half day hearing in court room.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Family Law
12/1/2011
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
If there was a court reporter you can get a copy of the testimony by sending them a letter, cc: the other side, and asking for exactly what you want. There will be a charge of course but the court reporter will write you back and let you know how much that will be.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
I am not sure if there was court reporter, How do i know if there was one? should i be calling the District court to find if there was any court reporter present on that day?
You may want to call the clerk of courts and ask. Many exparte TROs are issued on affidavit only so there may not have even been a hearing but the clerk of court is the place to start. If they don't know then ask them who would know. They can probably tell you who the court reporter is for that court anyway and then it is just a matter of calling them. They can look it up to find out if they did a transcript or not.

JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
JD 1992
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer