How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Child support has been paid monthly ($625) for the past 10

This answer was rated:

Child support has been paid monthly ($625) for the past 10 years under court order to the mother of my son.
We have shared custody. She was remarried 5 years ago, has had another child and does not work. She is now asking for school lunch money.
I understand that "financial child support" is to support her and my son with shelter/housing, medical, clolthing, food and education.
Am I obligated to provide her lunch money for my son's school lunch?

Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.


Legally the answer is No. The child support you pay due to the court order is to include money she should give to the child for lunch or prepare a lunch for the child to take to school.


However, after 10 years it could be possible for the mother to file a modification of child support to ask the court to reconsider the payment amount and adjust it for inflation as well as new income levels.


The decision is up to you but if you do give her the lunch money I suggest you give it to her by check, money order or some other means so you have proof.

Daniel Solutions and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.


Does this still apply if I take my son to school when he is under my care and time spent with me?

Yes it still applies.

Related Family Law Questions