How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102367
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a house before I married my husband, but had to refinance it a year later. His name

This answer was rated:

I had a house before I married my husband, but had to refinance it a year later. His name is XXXXX XXXXX the mortgage, but according to Texas Law, he has been added to the deed.

How can I remove him from the deed? He is trying to contest this.

You cannot unless he agrees to take his name off, or you refinance with his permission and take his name off. Otherwise, I am afraid there simply no other way to take his name off the deed per Tex. Prop. Code and Tex. Fam. Code. I am very sorry.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you seek clarification or more information, I encourage you to use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction – really – don’t be shy! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated.
Ely and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions