How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I apologize, have already put this question to you, but did

Customer Question

I apologize, have already put this question to you, but did so before registering. Do you answer simple questions regarding intestate probate "forms"? I have a doctor whose wife died young without a will, and with $3000 in a bank account without spouses name on it. Bank will not accept death certificate and his appointment as administrator. Is there another form that a Judge would need to sign to make official that the doctor could take to the bank to withdraw this money before it goes to the Unclaimed money depository with the State of Texas? Thank you so very, very much for your time and consideration. Lori Watson
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 years ago.
Is there a Court order appointing him as Administrator?

Does he have Letters of Administration?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is my understanding that he does have Letters of Administration. But for the sake of arguement here, can we please go at it from both angles, i.e. with the Letter, or without. Thanks again for you patience, understnding and help. Lori
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 years ago.
The bank is legally required to recognize his powers as Administrator if he produces a certified copy of the Letters of Administration.