How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ANDREA, Your Own Question
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ANDREA, is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex husband continues to harass me and my 22 year old daughter

This answer was rated:

my ex husband continues to harass me and my 22 year old daughter by driving by the house and video taping us or driving on the property when he is court order to stay at the curb and admits he does drive bys periodically. We have been divorced since 2008 and are both remarried. I feel that he is obsessed with harrassing us. What can I do?

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question.

My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would be glad to help

I am sorry that you are being harassed in this way. Some husband's just refuse to accept the fact that they are now divorced and refuse to get on with their lives, especially in your situation where both of you have remarried.

Report this again to the police and tell them that he is harassing you, intimidating you, and you feel threatened by him. If the police do not file charges against him, then go to the Office of the District Attorney of your County; Tell that Office what has been happening and that the police refuse to do anything about it. You should also let the District Attorney know that there is a Restraining Order issued by the Court which he does not obey.

Simultaneously with the above, file a Petition for Contempt with the Court which issued the Restraining Order. Even though the Order states that he should not go beyond the curb, this business of driving past your house continuosly and videotaping you and your daughter is not only sick, but is potentially dangerous to you and your daughter. At the hearing, ask the Judge to hold him in Contempt of the Court Order and to give him jail time, so that he will learn that there are serious consequences to his conduct. You might even coonsider asking the Judge to Order him to get psychological help.

If you need clarification on anything, please let me know and I will be glad to explain,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

Kindest Regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no restraining order just a family court order curb side pick up and drop off of our 2 young children. Do I still go to the DA. Family court is not enforcing their curbside order. I have gone before family court 4 times over this matter and they just continue to tell him curb side pick up and drop off of the children.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. When you said "curb side", I thought that it was a Restraining Order which did not allow him to come any closer. That is why I suggested a Petition for Contempt.

I strongly suggest that you follow this up with the police and the Office of the District Attorney. I would also file a Petition for a Restraining Order with the Family Court!!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I do this on behalf of my 22 year old also or would she have to do her own since he video tapes her and found out where she goes to college and where she had worked last year?
You should do your own Petition for a Restraining Order and since your daughter is over the age of 18, and she, too, is being followed, harassed, and threatened, she must do her own Petition for a Restraining Order.
ANDREA, and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for accepting my Answer, and your kind words in Feedback, I greatly appreciate it, but what I appreciate the most is placing your confidence in me to assist you.

If you need anything further, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name
at the beginning of your question, like this,

"For Andrea only .........." And your question will be directed to me

Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

Kindest regards, and Best Wishes for a safe and happy Holiday Season!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you very much and best wishes to you and yours this holiday season.



You are most welcome, Kathy,

If you have additional questions, you know where to find me!

Related Family Law Questions