Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
11182422

What do the words (interested parties) mean concerning a g

What do the words (interested parties) mean concerning a guardianship.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. "Interested parties" are those people who have potential standing in a case. In other words, those people who have a right to put in their two-cents. The phrase is usually included in the context of describing who must be served with documents related to the filings. Typically, that would include the proposed ward (if of sufficient age), the proposed guardians, the parents of the proposed ward, children of the proposed ward (if of sufficient age), siblings of the proposed ward, and grandparents of the proposed ward. It may also include others, depending on the case.

I understand that you may have follow-up questions. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Suppose the , Sibling and father are estranged
Estrangement is irrelevant; they would still generally have legal standing in the case, and if they have legal standing they would therefore be considered "interested parties". The requirement is based on the familial relationship, not the personal relationship.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Last quest, the guardianship is wife over husband of 25 yrs no biological only step children
I understand that the guardianship is for a wife over her husband of 25 years, that there are no biological children and only step children. What is the last question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your help, let me pay you

You are certainly welcome, but I am glad to keep working with you until you fully understand the law. Just let me know if I can do anything else for you in this situation.