How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31685
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In my WA state child support order requires my ex-husband to

This answer was rated:

In my WA state child support order requires my ex-husband to pay 55% of extraordinary medical expenses. His employer does not provided insurance coverage therefore I provide the medica, dental, vision coverage. Recently, she has had dental and orthodontic work. After insurance, the additional cost is for the dental work is $700 and over $2000 for the ortho work. How do I go about requesting my ex to pay his portion of the expenses? Will child support enforcement assist with this?

Thank you

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.


It is possible that child support enforcement will get involved, but it is not likely because what you're seeking is not the regular monthly support payment. Instead, this involves an extra expense.


Thus, it's likely that you will have to file a motion for contempt against the father for refusing to pay and have the court order him to remit his portion of the expense. If the father refuses, the judge can fine and even put him in jail until he pay this money.

Roger and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions