How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you go about taking a name off your mortgage after a

Resolved Question:

How do you go about taking a name off your mortgage after a divorce.Ex.wife moved out 10 years ago and name is XXXXX XXXXX on loan. want to take name off.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. The mortgage lender is an innocent third-party to a divorce; as such, the court cannot mandate the mortgage lender to surrender their contractual rights to enforce a mortgage to either party of a divorce. The only way to "remove" a spouse from a mortgage is to refinance the mortgage.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was told I have a free 30 day trial so I can ask any questions for free at this time. Is that correct?
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
I do not have access to your account information. There are subscription plans with free trials and unlimited questions. I do not know if you are a subscriber. If you have a specific question regarding your account, you may direct [email protected] .
Brandon M. and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you