How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband failed to bring our 3 sons back after visitation

Customer Question

My husband failed to bring our 3 sons back after visitation with him 50/50 instead he had his attorney file a motion of emergency temporary custody stating that I was unfit and a danger to my sons, my children are grilled and turned against me each time they visit him now he refuses to turn them over unless I go to court which places my children in the position of having to choose and being grilled by judges, social workers or if I sign over full custody with only very limited visitation for me. I was the primary caretaker of my sons for 18 yrs of marriage he is an emergency medicine doctor and has money to throw at obtaining full custody which he always threatened to get if I left him. What can I do? I dont want my sons to go to court and go through the things I did when my parents divorced bu he only gives enough money to pay the mortgage and upkeep of the home and food for our sons I have not worked outside the home this man has controlled everything and I am at my wits end. I live in NC what rights if any do I have? Can I get someone to help me for an hourly fee because I cant afford a retainer Thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 years ago.
Most attorneys will work by the hour but they require a retainer up front. If finances are an issue you may try legal aid.

As to the "what rights do I have", those are the kinds of question that really don't work in this type of forum. If you can ask specific questions then we can give you specific answers, otherwise what usually happens is we answer and then the customer replies "I already knew that".
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry that is unacceptable and no answer at all.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 years ago.
I know it isn't an answer, that's why it was tagegd as an Info Request. The second paragraph is telling you that I need you to ask specific questions so I can give you an answer.