How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33926
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in missouri, my divorce has been settled. I have joint custody.

Resolved Question:

in missouri, my divorce has been settled. I have joint custody. she is custodial. 3 kids. all in competition cheer. costs are over what i can afford. we have been splitting costs since divorce. but i have used all savings. i live in an apartment. she has the half million dollar house. settlement says both parents shall agree on kids activities. i have brought up my disagreement. i am going to help with as much of the activities as i can until the season ends. but will not agree to them cheerleading and hip hop in the future. Can there be
problems with this decision?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 years ago.
Not if the order is worded as you stated. She may say that you are required to pay 1/2 but realistically if you can go to court and prove your financial situation it is incredibly unlikely that the judge would agree with her.

Be sure that if you do send any money outside of the child support that you specifically state you do not agree to the activities and can't afford them, but you are sending the extra money for her to apply to the kids well being.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
JD 1992 and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you