How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28383
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are there any lawyers in SC who do low income divorce cases.

This answer was rated:

Are there any lawyers in SC who do low income divorce cases. I have a niece who's ex is trying to pull a fast one on her. He already has custody of the children and now is trying to get more child support from her. She has no money and having to live with a friend. What are her options for help?

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

Her best option is to reach out and contact Legal Aid, who could possible help her for free, in these proceedings. If they are unable to help directly, they can refer her to divorce attorneys who would be willing to take the case pro bono ( free) or at least at a reduced rate, so she has representation and her interest is protected.

FamilyAnswer and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you