How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer Lori Your Own Question
Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2161
Experience:  Divorce, custody and child support attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawyer Lori is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my birth cert is lost ,i want to get another one which is affidavit

Customer Question

my birth cert is lost ,i want to get another one which is affidavit in new york but i am born in philadelphia .can i use it like that ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawyer Lori replied 5 years ago.

Lawyer Lori :

To replace a lost birth certificate, you need to get it from where you were born: Philadelphia. Instructions for obtaining a copy of the birth certificate can be found at:

Customer :

does it mean i cant use another state issued one?

Lawyer Lori :

A state will only issue you a birth certificate if you were born in that state. You were born in Pennsylvania, right?

Lawyer Lori :

So, NY will not issue you a birth certificate since you were not born there.

Related Family Law Questions