Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

in New Hampshire, can a custodial parent sue for more child

in New Hampshire, can a custodial parent sue for more child support after the child has graduated high school?
Submitted: 5 years ago via ChildSupportLaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

If the child is a full time student in college and no provisions in the Divorce were made for the child support to be paid while in college, then the custodial parent may return to court and file to have the child support continue or for assistance with the college expenses.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck

Customer:

But can the custodial parent say "i wasn't paid enough support in the past", even though never went back to court?

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

No. They would have had to file a modification for support while the child was still a minor. If the request is not now based on needs while a full time college student, then if such a Petition is filed it should be denied.

Samuel-II :