Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Lawyer
Experience:  Divorce, custody and child support attorney.
15826124

My wife of barely 2 years has agreed to a divorce. I (we) have

Customer Question

My wife of barely 2 years has agreed to a divorce. I (we) have not filed yet. We are both 50+ and have no joint assets or children together. Is it possible to get an annulment at this point or is divorce the only way to end the marriage?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawyer Lori replied 5 years ago.

Lawyer Lori :

There are a number of reasons for getting an annulment, such as bigamy, fraud, physical incapacity (inability to consummate the marriage). However, it is difficult to get an annulment, especially after 2 years.

Lawyer Lori :

Check out this webpage (http://www.courts.ca.gov/1037.htm) to see if your particular circumstances fit any of the grounds.

Lawyer Lori :

Please let me know what else I can answer.

Customer:

thank you for your reply Lori! I will get a divorce then. Do you provide this service? How much do you charge? How long will process take? Thank you so much for the assistance.