How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ANDREA, Your Own Question
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ANDREA, is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i had an affair with a police officer who was my close friend

Resolved Question:

i had an affair with a police officer who was my close friend from work for about ten years. we had a baby, he does not want to pay child support, so now he is using his police power to take the baby away, when she is in a safe envionment with
her brother and sisters who love her very much. he keeps trying to have me arrested, from a restraining order that i just push him away from home at the door where he had one of his police friends throw a subpena through my front door. he is lying and covering up all his mistakes and twisting the picture. i have no power against a person who is abusing his position as a law officer. Can you help me in some direction. i need help so i move forward with my family?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 5 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question.

My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would be glad to help

I am very sorry to hear what you have been subjected to and to hear yet another account of another police officer abusing his authority. Your recourse is to file a formal Complaint with the Police Commissioner of your County, informing him how the father of your child is abusing his authority and also enlisting the help of other police officers to intimidate, frighten, and falsely accuse you of a variety of things.

You should also report him to the California Office of the Attorney General, informing him also about how the father has been abusing his authority and using other police officers to help him frame you:


Lastly, you should report the lawyer who did nothing for you, except make matters worse, to the California Attorney Disciplinary Board for unethical conduct, for misrepresenting himself as knowledgeable in Family Law, and for compromising your interests to such a degree that he appeared to be working with opposing counsel and the father which is a clear conflict of interest. There are 2 offices for Attorney Discipline in which you can file a formal Complaint against this lawyer:

State Bar of California

Chief Trial Counsel

1149 South Hill Street, 10th Floor

Los Angeles, CANNN-NN-NNNN/p>

(213)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>



State Bar of California

180 Howard Street, 6th Floor

San Francisco, CANNN-NN-NNNN/p>

(415)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>


I hope this information helps and I wish you the best of Luck. Don't give up, I am a firm believer that if you give someone enough rope, he will hang himself!

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA, and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you