How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I have been separated from my wife for 6 years and there

Resolved Question:


I have been separated from my wife for 6 years and there are divorce papers drawn up but I don't think they have been delivered to the court. She lives in Nevada and I live in California. When I ask her if she has spoke to her attorney I get excuses after excuses, What can I do to move this forward?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

If your wife is the petitioner (person filing for the divorce) then you can not speed up the process. You would have to file for a divorce yourself where you are the petitioner so that you can file the papers in court yourself and if she does not consent then you can move forward by asking the court for a default divorce. However, you can only do this if you are the petitioner so I suggest that you file as the petitioner for a divorce if your wife will not file.
Daniel Solutions and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions