How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If i have guardianship papers of an unborn child written by

Resolved Question:

If i have guardianship papers of an unborn child written by the mother who is in mabel bassett correctional center can they be overturned by another relative without the mothers consent
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 5 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - There is no legal guardianship of an unborn child and custody and guardianship will have to be determined by a court if there is a dispute over the child custody. The court will certainly listen to the mother's wishes but whatever you have from the mother for an unborn child is not legally enforceable since no one can have custody or guardianship rights to an unborn child except for the mother.

Once the child is born you can apply through the family law court for guardianship or custody and the mother can state her wishes but at this point there simply are no rights to the child.

Dave Kennett and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you