How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My childrens biological father was killed in a car accident

Resolved Question:

My children's biological father was killed in a car accident 7 years ago. His parents have visitation rights which they exercise one weekend a month. I remarried a little over a year ago and my new husband wants to adopt my children. Their paternal grand parents dont want him to adopt them. We live in Louisiana. Is there any way they can stop the process?
Submitted: 5 years ago via Nolo Press.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. In a word, "no". I wish you folks the best with your new family.

I understand that you may have follow-up questions. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you.
Brandon M. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you