Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

contested divorce

Customer Question

I know he will contest  the divorrce that he dont owe me anything especailly about the property he obtain from his grandmother after her death and we started building a new home and now that is all over and im asking half of what it is worth. how do I present this to the judge.We have already agreed with signed documentation that he put 3500 dollars back into my son account which was used in the construction of the house.but he has not paid the money yet
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed Florida family law attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you.

To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points so I can best address your inquiry:

1. Is the divorce already filed?
  2. Was the home built during the marriage?
  3. What is the approximate equity in the home?

Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the home was being built during the marriage but not finished.I found out he was cheating on me while i was serving on military duty in mississipp. i got an appraisel and its worth only 35,000 and yes the divorce is filed already
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Is there any equity in the home? In other words, is the $35,000 more than what you owe on it?

Thank you.