How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grand daughter lost temporary custody of her children when

Customer Question

My grand daughter lost temporary custody of her children when she appeared before the commissioner without an attorney or advocate but her partner had one and knew all the right questions. She had no defense. Now it goes forward to a judge, and she still can't afford an attorney.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

Did your grand daughter applied with local legal aid society for free or low cost legal service?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
her case worker assigned a legal advocate but he never showed up
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
I would suggest for your grand daughter to contact local legal aid society and if she is a person with low income she might qualify for free or low cost legal service.

Here is the link for Wisconsin Legal Aid:

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!

Related Family Law Questions