How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33399
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son lives in Corpus Christi Texas and has a co-worker who

This answer was rated:

My son lives in Corpus Christi Texas and has a co-worker who is going through a very tough time. She has left her husband because of abuse. They have two children together. She currently is employed with 2 jobs. The father refused to pay the house note, causing her to look for other living arrangements. He took the vehicle. She had to get a second-hand car to get to work and bring the kids to day care. Now he is telling her that he can't pay her the child support this month. He is doing his best to control what she ends up doing. He is trying to force her to do what he wants. Is there anything she can do? She can't afford an attorney at this time. She is barely making ends meet for her the the kids. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Connie, friend of someone in need
She can go through legal aid or she can contact the attorney general for help on the child support, but they won't help her with the other issues.

Another option is to contact the State Bar of Texas and ask if they have a list of lawyers in her area who do pro bono family law work. They do for some cities and counties.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
JD 1992 and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you