How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex is trying to modify his child support order. he has found

Resolved Question:

my ex is trying to modify his child support order. he has found a lower paying job but has no documents to support the amount he has given the child support recovery unit. We have a court date in 10 days . Can he gat away without having any documentation on how much he is making?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 6 years ago.
Dear JACUSTOMER - He will have to have some documentation of his earnings in order to be successful in getting the support amount changed. There is no guarantee that the court will simply change the amount unless he can show that it was not his fault that he took a lower paying job but at the very least he will have to have some proof of income before the court will do anything.
Dave Kennett and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you