How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40996
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are divorcing. My husband has chose a friend

Resolved Question:

My husband and I are divorcing. My husband has chose a friend of the family to represent him. My husband and I have traveled, entertained,etc with this friend and her spouse. This friend is also the best friend of our childrens grandmother. Is there a conflick of interest here?

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good morning.

RayAnswers :

Is this friend a lawyer here?If not you are not obligated to deal with anyone other than the husband.He is practicing law without a license.You need not do so.You may in fact consider your own lawyer here to end this.The lawyer would object tot he court if this person is acting as a lawyer in this matter.The law requires only the parties and their lawyers communicate in a divorce.

RayAnswers :

You are corre3ct that this person should not be involved.Such representation requires a law license otherwise you should decline to use this middle man.Your lawyer can resolve this matter quickly involving the judge and the state bar if necessary.Individuals that are not lawyers are not allowed to represent people and may be charged if they try to do so.Usually once this is explained to them they get it and disappear from the situation.If not your lawyer will pursue unauthorized practice of law here.

RayAnswers :

Lawyer Referral Service

Online Lawyer Referral ServiceLawyer Referral Service Online
Phone(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

On This Page
Information for Consumers
Information for Lawyers

Information for Consumers

The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service and local bar association lawyer referral services are designed to make it easy for consumer to contact a lawyer. Do you have a legal problem... and don't know an attorney? Call(NNN) NNN-NNNN It will place you in direct contact with The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service maintained as a public service by The Florida Bar.

Your call will be answered by a lawyer referral staff member who will take your name, address and telephone number. You will be asked to state your problem briefly. Any information you give will be held in the strictest confidence.

Lawyer Referral Service staff will give you the name, address, and telephone number of an attorney in your geographic area who handles the type of case you describe.

After the first meeting between you and the lawyer, it is up to you to decide whether to authorize the lawyer to take action on your legal problem.

Coverage Areas and Local Bar Associations' Lawyer Referral Services

The cost

Under The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service, lawyers charge clients $25 (local Bar-sponsored program charges range from $20 to $50) for the initial half-hour office consultation.

You will have up to one-half hour to discuss your problem with the attorney. You and the lawyer are under no obligation to go beyond the first consultation. The fee for any additional service should be arranged between you and the attorney during your initial meeting.

RayAnswers :

Here is an excellent lawyer referral service through Florida bar,It gives you half hour with local lawyer to go over your case and filing for divorce.

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.


Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.



Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.


RayAnswers :

I wish you good luck here.I know it can be overwhelming sometimes.You do not have to deal with this third person only the husband and only through your lawyer.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

The friend of our family is a family law attorney.

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions