How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27268
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what should a woman do who assaults and injures the ex spouses

Customer Question

what should a woman do who assaults and injures the ex spouses girlfriend during a provacation by the husband and girlfriend despite having a court order of protection against the male >soon to be ex spouse who was following her and tormenting her? in florida. woman has 2 kids and soon to be ex spouse refuses to pay.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

If there was an order of protection in place, the parties should have been in the same proximity as each other or had any contact. If this was the case, the police should have been contacted and the person who violated the order, could have likely been taken into custody. Moreover, if someone was assaulted, they should have contact the police and reported this, having the attacker arrested.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what does the woman do now?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
apparently the girl who was assaulted in the fight who provoked the woman along with the soon to be ex husband went to the hospital and called the police first. now they want to find and arrest the woman who has the restraining order. what's next?
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 5 years ago.
The women would have to either wait until the arrest her or turn herself in.

Related Family Law Questions