How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband is stating that if we get a divorce he does not.

Resolved Question:

my husband is stating that if we get a divorce he does not. have to spilt his 401 with me. I do work my employment does offer a 401 we agreed that we should use his due to the fact his is better and managed far better than my employees I am not putting any money into mine. would appreciate an answer. thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.



As Washington is a "community property" state, he would be required to split any portion of the 401 that was acquired during the marriage.



If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck

Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you