How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33918
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

wife divorcing me we have mortgage together I do not make

Customer Question

wife divorcing me we have mortgage together I do not make enough money alone to pay half mortgage and lease another place to live plus other bills. real estate agent saids we will not make enough $ on sale of home to cover all of the principal plus there will be extra cost upwards to 20000dollars that will be needed to settle everything. Even if we selland I am able to make half payments on mortgage. After divorce setled in month I will notbe ableto keep up. Wife will not work with me on any agreement saids sell home and get itover with. She moved in with parents and they will lendher$ to help her on her end. I have no such help. What can I do? She does not want to do anything but sell. he left andleft me in a tight spot.
Help with options please. DG
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 years ago.
The TX real estate market is horrible right now, as you're finding out.

Unfortunately it looks like you are not going to have any option other than to consider bankruptcy. That will relieve you of the debt but still allow you to get another place. If you declare a Chapter 7 then you wipe out debt and start over.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.