How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filled for dissolution of marriage 2 years ago. I later changed

Customer Question

I filled for dissolution of marriage 2 years ago. I later changed my mind and sent an email to the court about my change of mind. I did not submit any other document or form. This time I want to fill out a new form to dissolve this marriage. Should I really fill out the new form or can I revisit the initial filling?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

Well, an email to the court isn't a valid way of communicating. That certainly does not dismiss your case. So if you never made a motion your case should still be open and you can just proceed with it.

Call the clerk of the court and ask them to verify that your case is still open and that you can file a motion to proceed.

Take care,
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 5 years ago.
Hello. If you have any follow up questions, please click "REPLY".

If not, please click "ACCEPT" to close out this question so that I get credit for my work with you.

Take care,