How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I need to do to enforce a marital/ divorce agreement

Resolved Question:

What do I need to do to enforce a marital/ divorce agreement in Adams Co. Pa.. I am trying to get my ex who is remarried to sign a 2nd mortgage lein release and sign title to trailer over. She signed 1st mortgage lein release but mortgage co. who is different then 2nd note co. took care of paper work with my exs attorney. I can not use attorney that drew up original papers, I have personally handed a notarized copy of lein release to her attorney and spoke with him about both issues only to be told that he was working on it. I called court and was told they do not have forms for motion to enforce that I can file. I have filed my own papers for child custody issues on my own i figured that they would have something I could file for this but said they do not. I have sent the attorney letters and gave them another signed and notorized copies of lein release. Her attorney was actually next to me when I had lein release notorized in prothonotary office. This whole process with child custody and issues is really bad boy did I get a rude awakening. The kids suffer and no one really gives a damm. Hope I covered everything to get me in the right direction. Greg Hamilton
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

WebLaw :

*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.*

WebLaw :

You may consider bringing a contempt action to compel your ex to adhere to the order and sign the release

Generally speaking, when someone violates the court orders they are considered to be in contempt of court. To enforce your rights you will need to file a motion for contempt (may also be called an motion to show cause). In that motion you indicate what the orders are and how she has violated them.

You can typically pick the forms up at the clerk of the court's office and file them yourself.

Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.


What form would I use do not want to look foolish but only forms for contemt had to do with child custody, I called prothonotarys office and told her the same thing said she did not have a form

WebLaw :

Did you call the clerk of the courts office?


No I am going to go there now, I have been filing all my recent forms for other issues and figured there had to be a form. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX use this site before for contempt issues in child custody, did not get results that I wanted but it helped a great deal.

Ellen and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions