Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

if my income is only 13,000.00 per year how much child support

Customer Question

if my income is only 13,000.00 per year how much child support should i agree to pay for 2 minor children
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

It appears your income is about $1,100 or so a month. Under North Carolina child support guidelines, your obligation would be approximately $79 a month. Here is is the child support guideline documentation that you can review for yourself, look to page 7 for the information:

http://www.nccourts.org/Forms/Documents/1226.pdf

Good luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you for the paper work. ok i go to school and i get paid by the VA around or about $1,800 from the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Is there any way that she could use that money that is entitled to me for yrs of service to get more money out of me , by saying that i make that extra.
Thank you for your follow-up.

Actually the VA funds (that is, the funds you get directly for school), are NOT calculated for child support purposes. Those funds are exempt. and while she can go to the court and request that the judge possibly modify your support, if you show that these funds are purely for school, a judge will likely not permit the modification to take place.

Good luck.