How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37854
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Things have escalated in our situation. We were going to give

Resolved Question:

Things have escalated in our situation. We were going to give my son-inlaw the 3 day Notice of Eviction. Noting that he had been drinking a lot and was intoxicated, we went to the police station to seen if a policeman could oversee the handing of the notice. But before we left, we saw his friend urinating across the street by their cars. We told his friend that was not appropriate behavior. Then we got into our car to go to the police station. As we were pulling out our son-inlaw then starting urinating. His friend was standing by laughing. We went tothe policestation and reported the incident. My son-inlaw got arrested for public intoxication and was taken to jail. Before my son-inlaw left he was mouthing "I am going to kill you." So we made a report for "threating" and got a case number. At 5 o'clock in the morning, my daughter went to pick up my son-inlaw. We were afraid to stay in the house because of his threat. So we went into our car. He saw us and attacked my husband. The police came and arrested him. Gave us a 90 day protection but what can I do to protection my grandchildren. CPS does not seem to have a program for prevention or intervention. When I called, they were only interested in my protecttion.HELP
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

Who are you trying to protect the children from----him or your daughter?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Both, mostly him.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoon,

You may want to consider filing a petition in the court seeking Temporary Legal Custody of the children if you can show that being with the parents is causing harm.

Additionally, you may want to consider filing a complaint of the situation with Child Protective Services (CPS) and get them in the loop on all of this. CPS can pull children from the parents faster that you get dressed in the morning, and they will do that if they investigate and find abusive or neglectful conditions existing in the home.

I wish you the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,


LawTalk and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you