How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need help im 63 and x wife is waiting child support after 21

Resolved Question:

need help im 63 and x wife is waiting child support after 21 yrs. childred are 38 43 yrs old getting ready for retired are now taking 1000.00 from me cant even get a place to live please help(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Are you saying that the state is taking money from your earnings to pay for child support arrears?

By the way, you can NOT bankrupt out of child support arrears. And honestly, something is wrong if you only earn $1,274 a month and of that amount $1,000 is being taken. Are these TRULY the right numbers??

LawTalk and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you