How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if my child is 18 YO and a full time student

Resolved Question:

I would like to know if my child is 18 YO and a full time student and my child would like to get a job part-time or full-time to support his school expenses, will my child support from my ex-husband decrease in amount due to my son holding a job. We live in California?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with this question. A child's earnings have no impact whatsoever on his parents' child support obligation.

I understand that you may have follow-up questions. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you.
Brandon M. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you