How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live in GA. i have been divorced for 10+ years. I have always

This answer was rated:

i live in GA. i have been divorced for 10+ years. I have always paid my child support. i do have visitation of alternating weekends and holidays. i have not always kept up with the allotted visitation because I'm a paralyzed veteran with a lot of health problems. my son is now 15 so i don't always fit into his social plans when i am well. she will not make him come over. what rights do i have? my disability/health are documented in the court papers.
Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.


  1. I am a licensed attorney with family law litigation experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification after reviewing the following information.
  2. Please allow me to say that I am genuinely sorry for your circumstances. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX soon look brighter for you. Also, may I please say a heartfelt word of thanks and appreciation for your sacrifice and military service in defense of our nation. It is an honor to hear from you.
  3. "what rights do i have?" Accordingly, it gives me no pleasure to be the bearer of some discouraging news. My primary aim is to be upfront and realistic rather than doing you the disservice of misleading you or sugarcoating things. I wish the law afforded more by way of protections, but here is the truthful botXXXXX XXXXXne. Georgia law provides that a child aged 14 or above may make their own choices in this regard. In other words, the Court will not enter an Order compelling (forcing) your son to spend more time with you. Regrettably, this is true without regard to child support payment history. In fact, as long as parental fitness is not at issue, the law provides that your son has an "absolute right" when it comes to these decisions.
  4. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum.


I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.


If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.


The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

LawHelpNow and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thankyou, sir

Hi again,


You are quite welcome -- it was my pleasure to be of service.


Many thanks for your payment, generous bonus, and especially your kind words of thanks -- greatly appreciated!


Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

Related Family Law Questions