lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

Non Custodial parent issues

I live in Houson, Texas. My ex and i have a 5yr old son together. he has been on child support since 2008. he works nights 10pm to 6pm and he leaves our child with his female friends every so often while he have him on his appointed weekends. My child doesnt know her. he wont give me a contact phone number for her for access to my child. What can I do to refrain our son around strangers and/or his random girlfriends? Also, if he schedules to get him on Thurs at 6-8 and dont come to 7pm, do i have to constantly wait on him or how do i handle this situation.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

You need to check your order to see if there are any restraining orders as to paramours. This is fairly standard. If there is not one, then there is nothing you can do short of going back to court and asking the judge to add one to your order. Here is typical language.

All parties are restrained from having the child/children on an overnight basis in the presence of an adult party of the opposite sex (*or the same sex if the party or guest is bi-sexual or homosexual) to whom the parties are not related by blood, or marriage, or any lover/paramour.

As to the late times, there is not much that you can do. The court will not be interested in that. Sorry but you cannot force the father to have a significant relationship with his child.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We were never married. We both went to a mediation in order to place the child support order. So i will have to take him to court in order to add to this order or do i need to go back to the office where we held the mediation. I have searched through the orders and i dont see anything stating about overnight basis etc. This court order was placed when my son was 2.

He want to come pick him up for thursdays but he decided to schedule classes on that day and want me to allow him to get between 7-8 which would be an inconvenience for me. i asked could he get him at 6 and he stated he couldnt. Would i be held in contempt by a judge as denying him access to our child although he is getting him later than the time specified in the court order.

So i will have to take him to court in order to add to this order

Yes you will.

Would i be held in contempt by a judge as denying him access to our child although he is getting him later than the time specified in the court order.

That is a maybe question. Judge's do not like parents that do not accommodate the visitation of the other parent. Possibly another time or an extra day on a weekend as an accommodation.

an accept for my time is always appreciated and required for me to receive any credit from JA