How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 22 year old son that has been steeling everything

Resolved Question:

I have a 22 year old son that has been steeling everything of value. He has ran up $7000.00 in credit card bills. The straw that broke the camels back is he just stole 2 of my
wife's rings about $10,000.00. I had a police officer over and did a complain. Was told I can't have him removed!
What can I do? He hasen't been home since the weekend.

Thanks Mike
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

Legally you would have to file a formal eviction action against him since he lives in your home. Even if rent is not paid a person can only legally be removed if a court issues an eviction order.
Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you