How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28305
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can a 16 year old legally leave home without a parents consent

Resolved Question:

can a 16 year old legally leave home without a parents consent in florida
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

No, they can not just leave the home and if they do, you could contact the police if you know where they are going and ask them to pick up the child. This will deter whoever is willing to allow the child to live with them, from doing so.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can a 16 year old in florida that is pregnant get married without parental consent in florida
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 years ago.
  • If an individual is under 18 years of age, but older than 16 years of age, a
    marriage license can be obtained with parental consent.

  • If a parent has sole custody or the other parent is dead, the permission of
    one parent is sufficient.

  • If a person is under the age of 16, the marriage license has to be issued by
    a county judge, with or without parental permission.

  • If a minor's parents are both deceased and there is not an appointed
    guardian, he/she may apply for a marriage license. A minor who has been
    previously married may also apply for a license.

  • A minor who swears that they have a child or are expecting a baby, can apply
    for a license if the pregnancy has been verified by a written statement from a
    licensed physician. A county court judge may at his/her discretion issue or not
    issue a license for them to marry.
  • If you have no further questions, please click the accept button, so I can get credit for my answer.

    FamilyAnswer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you