How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31782
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Minnesota, who determines the value of our home for the

Resolved Question:

In Minnesota, who determines the value of our home for the divorce efforts? if my home is worth 100,000, and I get the home, I have to write her a check for 50,000? Is it typical to make payments to the spouce?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

You will usually have to get the property appraised to set the value.

If you get the house, you would have to pay her equity in the house or give her property or value in other marital property to equal her 1/2 of the house value.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is it common to make payments?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
It is not uncommon.
Roger and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you