How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13660
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am wonderingn if you could offer me some advice. I

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am wonderingn if you could offer me some advice.

I am a father who is currently paying child support for my 2 children ages 17 and 16. I am planning in moving out of the country by the end of the year. It may take me 3 months to find a new job where I am moving. Once I find a job, my it is my intention to continue paying child support. What can the mother do during the time that I am out of work? what should I do? please advice, thanks

Thank you for your question. After reading my answer, please do not hesitate to reply if you have additional questions or need more information.


The mother can file a motion for contempt against you for violating the order of support if you don't pay. If you are going to be out of work, you should consider filing a supplemental petition for modification of child support and ask the court to reduce your support obligation temporarily due to a substantial change in circumstances.



JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR SERVICE". As I do this for a living, not a hobby, please honor and respect the honor code, and compensate me for my time as you would any other professional.

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.

RobertJDFL and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you!
Of course, my pleasure!

Related Family Law Questions