How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102350
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Regarding visitation, contempt and alienation...where do I

This answer was rated:

Regarding visitation, contempt and alienation...where do I find examples of motions to file and are there any time limitations involved?


Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

This depends - can you please tell me what you are trying to do here?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Go to court to complain about the lack of visitation with some of my children. In the past, especially this summer, I haven't had visitation (30 days) because they wanted to FL on vacation (he used this like a carrot?) He took them without my consent. They have been empowered to say no to visitation as soon as they turned 16. He claims "it's what the children want, and I can't make them." He set an unspoken model when I couldn't pick up my oldest son, then it was my 18 yr. old who "had to work", "had to do that" my 16 year is saying no because we had an argument.
Thank you. In this case, you can file a Motion for Enforcement Contempt. You can find such examples on sites like:

And others. Texas is a little subjective on the titles of motions, which confuses people. The motion can be:

Motion for Contempt
Motion for Enforcement by Contempt
Motion for Contempt and Order to Appear
Motion for Enforcement by Contempt and Order to Appear

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault (in other words, I prefer to tell you the truth rather than tell you what you want to hear, so if the news is not good, please do not shoot the messenger).

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at…

…if you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”
Ely and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you