Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

I need to file for a legal separation in the Muskogee Ok Muskogee

I need to file for a legal separation in the Muskogee Ok Muskogee COunty. I have not retained a lawyer yet but I am in the process of doing so .. It is imperative I get a legal separation asap bc I need something in writing so that I can be able to deal with my husband with out any additional altercations. but i dont know how to do that. please help
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

By becoming a "little physical", did either of you strike one another? Did you contact the police?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I did not strike him but he did hit me in my chest and pushed me into the wall and tried to drag me out of his mothers room.. we were at his moms house when this happen on this past thursday evening... he was drunk and we had just had an argument at our house.. I had dropped the child off at his moms to spend thurs and fri night with her. but bc of his unwilllingness to cooperate and continous lying i saw fit to go to pick her up but his mom called him and to him i was there and in doing so we got into it. i called the police but bc i was on there turf i had to leave her there. i am willing to let him visit with her but thats it... i just dont want her taken from me and i dont get to see her until a judge decides otherwise.

Thank you for your follow-up.

Contact the police and stop by their precinct. Fill out a "restraining order" petition and file it. Explain that you were physically struck and that you are afraid for your safety and the safety of the child. You should be granted a TRO or a temporary restraining order. This order would limit his ability to come close to you or the child or otherwise you can call the police and have him be arrested for contempt of court. In a few weeks to a month the judge will hold a formal hearing where your TRO can either be dismissed if there are no grounds for it, or can be made permanent against him. This should provide you with the protection that you are seeking for yourself and for your child.

Good luck.