Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

WHAT ARE LEGAL ACTIONS I CAN TAKE AGAINST LAWYERS AND JUDGES

Customer Question

WHAT ARE LEGAL ACTIONS I CAN TAKE AGAINST LAWYERS AND JUDGES WHO BREACH A MARITAL SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Judges are immune from any legal action other than filing an appeal of their decision to the court of appeals. As far as the attorney, if it is the opposing attorney you can file a motion to compel and an order to show cause for contempt against the other party and if the opposing attorney is part of the problem you can seek sanctions through there. If it is your attorney, then you can file a complaint with the bar and possibly a malpractice suit against your attorney.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”