How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am on the deed of our home but not on the mortage. Can

Customer Question

If I am on the deed of our home but not on the mortage. Can my spouse take me off the deed if I leave the marriage, after being married 17 yrs
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
The answer is "no". Both parties have to consent and agree to file a modification and a "quit claim deed" designating the change. The court, without consent, would not permit one spouse to remove another from the deed.

Good luck.

Related Family Law Questions