How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What about vehicles. My situation is this. I traded my vehicle

Customer Question

What about vehicles. My situation is this. I traded my vehicle (worth $10,000 back then) to his parents in 2006 when we moved to Nevada and in return they gave me a vehicle to "borrow" but refused to sign it over to me. Can I ask for a vehicle in my name given that I have basically been forced to drive their vehicles for the past 5 years and have nothing now in my name? I need a vehicle to get my children to school/daycare/doctors appointments and myself to school. They played it this way: "Whenever you're ready, we will sign it over to you." But my husband doesn't want to pay registration/insurance so keeps vehicles in his parents name.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

Have you filed for a divorce?

Did you enter into any type of a property distribution settlement agreement?