How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to drag out my divorce. My husband had no job while we were married and wants to ma

Customer Question

I want to drag out my divorce. My husband had no job while we were married and wants to make sure that he ends our divorce before I turn 24, just to make sure that I can't go to school. He has the benifit of the divorce, I need to stay married for another year to enure that I can continue to recieve finacial aid.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

There is no magic answer to delay a divorce except to just refuse to consent to the terms offered which will result in him eventually seeking a hearing before the judge.

However, I do caution you because if the judge believe you are stalling then you can be help liable to pay part or all of your husband's legal costs for the delay.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I have resolved the issue with my husband, so I don't need it any more