How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

just how much right does a father have in fl if he has bever

Resolved Question:

just how much right does a father have in fl if he has bever been married to the mother of his newborn and he lives in missouri and does not want to relocate to fl..but insists the mother relocate but she cannot due to children from a previous marriage
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello there:

The father is going to be very disappointed. A court will not order a newborn child to be relocated out of Florida to another state for the father's convenience when the mother is located in the state of Florida and providing necessary care for the child. The courts order child custody according to the best interests of the child, and the father's motives have nothing to do with they child's best interests--they are just selfish. If he wants to have greater access to his child, he is welcome to relocate himself to Florida. His threats are empty. In fact, unless you are a danger to the child, you should consider filing for a custody order because not only will the court give the custodial parent full physical custody when the non-custodial parent is out of state, but upon doing so it will order him to pay child support as well.

I understand that you may have follow-up questions. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you.
Brandon M. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you