How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my children are in late 20s yet ive never gotten a penny oc

Resolved Question:

my children are in late 20's yet ive never gotten a penny oc court ordered child support, how do i get something from him?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
Good evening! I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

Unfortunately, if a parent doesn't establish a child support order during a child's youth, the parent may not go back years later to obtain child support retroactively when the child has reached adulthood.

However, if a support order was established, the support owed may accumulate as an arrearage if it goes unpaid and the parent may be able to collect that sum by taking legla action to garnish wages, levy bank accounts, etc.

I know that this probably isn't entirely what you wanted to hear. However, it's the honest truth and I know you want a truthful answer above all. I hope that you will click accept so that I am paid for my time and effort spent providing this information.
AttorneyTom and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions